Sunday, May 12, 2013

Ducks Alternate Logo from http://www.liducks.com
The Long Island Ducks have signed catcher (Ducks roster lists him as an infielder) Anthony Armenio.

The Dix Hills, NY native played his college baseball at Manhattan College where he hit .295 with 23 home runs and 117 RBI during his four year career. Armenio played 5 games for the Southern Illinois Miners of the Frontier League (IND) in 2011, which appears to be his only professional experience.

The Ducks also made some roster moves and placed infielders Josh Barfield and Ryan Strieby on the inactive list, and activated pitcher Pete Budkevics. 

**Update to this post, Armenio played first base for the Ducks on Saturday. So it looks like he'll be taking the spot of Strieby.**

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I am in no way affiliated with the Atlantic League, Minor League Baseball, Major League Baseball or any of the other teams or leagues mentioned on my blog. The opinions expressed on this blog are my own, and are unbiased. All pictures on the blog are property of myself (unless noted), and may be not used without my permission. Custom cards that are featured on this web site are for artistic use in my collection only, and are not be used without my permission. With that being said, if you don't like my opinions, don't read my blog.